Friday, April 11, 2008

It's been a while...









Sorry it's been a while... lots of stuff going on lately...

We had our baby shower(s) 3 weekends ago and we had a lot of fun! (Thank you, to those who were able to make it).

My friend Kisha, and my sister Donna flew in (yes, she actually flew on an airplane just for me!) on Good Friday, the 21st. We had the typical baby shower at 2:00pm for the women and it was a good turnout. About a dozen or so women were there, including some of my co-workers and friends, and of course, my mother-in-law. My girlfriend Amber (a.k.a. "my sister from another mister") did such a wonderful job of planning everything and putting it all together, and we had so much fun! We ate yummy food that she made and cake that was "to die for", and played baby shower games such as: guessing how many toilet paper squares fit around my belly/waist, and a passing of the baby bottle filled w/m&m's right or left depending on the key words in a story Amber read aloud, and I can't remember what else. I opened gifts and read aloud the sweet story of how my baby's life came to be, as written by my sweet sister Donna (choked up a bit before getting through the story). We laughed a lot, and I think everyone had a good time. Things wound down around 5:00pm or so, and most people left, except Donna and Kisha. We cleaned up a little bit and hung out.

That night, some of Eric's guy friends and a couple of my girlfriends that were here earlier, came over to celebrate "co-ed" style, which included "gag" gifts and more food and fun. One of the guys brought his version of a "diaper changing kit" which was a heavy duty filtered mask and rubber gloves - lol! Another brought a framed target practice sheet to prepare Eric for his "little girl's 1st date" (thanks Greg and Justyn). We played a couple of games and also read off the suggested names for our baby that everyone put in to a bowl. Most were legit/sincere, but there were some off-the-wall joke ones like "Bonquisha" and "Starkeesha Ra'chelle" - lol! Interestingly enough, there were several suggestions for "Erica" and "Grace"... Also, there were some other nice suggestions, so we'll see... ;o) Things wound down around 12:00am midnight.

A couple of weeks ago, I took my 1st glucose test, and it came back "elevated", so last Tuesday I had to go have 3+ hours of blood drawing done after fasting for at least 12 hours (by the time I finished, it had been more than 16 hours since I'd last eaten). The next day, I had my normally scheduled prenatal appointment and the good news was that the tests came back normal, other than I'm somewhat anemic. Yay - no pricking my fingers and micromanaging my diet!

The baby has grown quite a bit even since the baby showers, and she moves ALL THE TIME, but I'm loving it so far! It's such a unique and exciting experience, that I'm enjoying it for now... she hasn't kept me up all night (yet *knock on wood*).

The Dr. also said he believes she has "turned" head down and may have even "dropped", which is good news to us, if that is the case! We will have an ultrasound a week from this coming Monday, so that will be cool!

1 comment:

Our 3 Monkees said...

It has been a while. Looks like you have been busy. You are lookin' great. I still have to get your gift in the mail, man I am a looser. =) I look forward to seeing more pictures and updates. Talk to you soon.

Just the 2 of us...

Photos by Maria Mitchem
Dated 9/18/06
Taken in our backyard in
San Antonio, TX