Thursday, February 21, 2008

Alien, anyone?

Photobucket So, what used to be vibrating quivers (which I thought were minor muscle spasms) have turned into noticable movements in my belly over the last few weeks, which feel a lot like having an alien inside me!



I know they will progress more and more as we approach her arrival date, but for now they are amusing and I look forward to them. Poor Eric misses out most of the time, because she seems to settle down as soon as he puts his hand on my belly! Also, I think it's harder for him to distinguish between her movements and my breathing and/or his hand twitching, when he's not the one feeling the movement simultaneously on the inside... I just keep assuring him that soon enough he'll be able to feel them, and then I'll be the one up at night because she won't settle down... lol!



I'd sure like to be able to see what she's doing in there - sometimes I picture her doing callisthenics or propelling herself off the walls of my uterus (and sometimes my bladder and who knows what other organs are crammed nearby)!

2 comments:

Our 3 Monkees said...

Yeah! I love all the new belly pictures. You look so good.

It is the coolest feeling feeling the baby move. Just wait Eric will soon get his turn. Dan used to wake me up in the middle of the night to roll away from him because the babies kicking was keeping him awake, I was like how do you think I feel, I can't roll away from it. =) I look forward to Eric's post when he finally gets to fell Princess Newman kick.

The Olson Family said...

Oh what great pics!! You look wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Eric will get to feel her soon and even see it from the outside. That is the weirdest thing for me. I will just be sitting there watching TV and my stomach will just move. Really cool!

Just the 2 of us...

Photos by Maria Mitchem
Dated 9/18/06
Taken in our backyard in
San Antonio, TX